Monday, July 26, 2010

5th Email from NY

Hello Everyone!

I don't have much to say this week. It's been kind of a slow week. I guess one exciting thing happened. We had what they call, "Return and Report" for all the missionaries who came out with me. After a month of being in the mission, we all went back to the Mission office. I got to see Sister Cox! We had a long meeting and training, with lunch and more meetings. It was so good to see my MTC district. It was also fun to see how much each of them had changed in just being out in the mission field for a month, and hearing all of their different experiences and successes. It was especially fun seeing all of the Elders. They are no longer immature boys, but now immature "men" :c) jk. But they were all more confident, and responsible than before. It was GREAT!

Life here in Ogdensburg seems to be at kind of a stand still. We are working with 18 different investigators, but none of them want to move forward. We have a couple of "Eternal Investigators" One guy said I am the 20th Missionary who he was been taught by. I think he has been meeting with missionaries now for 4 years or so. It is CRAZY! We do have some good new investigators though, so we are praying they will keep commitments and be truly converted. We are hopefully planting many seeds. We'll just have to wait and see. I am definitely learning a lot out here and am definitely in the "refiners fire." The mission is a lot harder than I thought it would be, but I know I won't regret it! I'm just grateful the Lord trusts me to serve Him and to bring others unto Him. I know this church is true and just wish everyone could feel the way I feel about the Gospel. I love you all!

Love, Sister Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment