Monday, September 6, 2010

9th email

I am doing good this week. There are so many ups and downs in missionary work. It really is like a roller-coaster! Someone told me a mission is a microcosm of life squeezed into 18 months. So just like life is a roller-coaster, so is a mission and I am seeing that. Sister Johnson said that being on a mission you see your highest highs and also your lowest lows. I have definitely seen some of my lowest lows already, now we are going up to my highest highs...hopefully! I just wish everyone could know what I know (Which isn't much but is enough) and Feel how I feel. This Gospel can bless the lives of everyone! But very few are willing to accept it. It is really sad to be rejected when you know that what you bring to them can change their lives and bring incomprehensible blessings. I know that there are people out there... somewhere... that have been prepared to hear and accept the Gospel. We just need to find them. We are searching!

Well, the other day we were going to visit one of our investigators who we hadn't seen for 3 weeks because she kept on cancelling on us. We decided that if she cancelled again or if she didn't seem to motivated that we were going to drop her. Well, she didn't cancel. But during our visiting about random stuff before we even started the lesson she said, "I want to get baptized!" It blew us both away. I am sure we had very shocking looks on our faces. So, we didn't drop her :c) She has to get married to her "other half" first though which is going to be a struggle for them I think money wise. And she is going to have to give up her "Precious Coffee" We assured her she can do it though! She is a little overwhelmed but She still wants to get baptized after us telling her all the requirements.

It is freezing cold here!!! Okay, maybe not freezing, but it has been in the 50's and we have been getting wind from the hurricane on the east coast which makes it feel colder. We turned our heat on today :c) and I have been snuggling with blankets. I even studied this morning with my coat on :c) I CAN"T WAIT FOR WINTER!!!! (do you hear the sarcasm? )

I can't wait for fall! The colors are starting to change and I know it is going to be beautiful out here with all the trees everywhere. The forests and the long country roads that we tract! It is going to be AMAZING!!!!

Am I doing anything Labor Day you ask? Hmmm... Laboring? We have been going crazy with de-junking our apartment so we can move in a couple of weeks. We found an Ensign from 1986!!!! It is older than me!!! CRAZY! When did Brother Rutherford serve in this area? Did he serve up in Ogdensburg area at all. Maybe some of the Ensign's he read from :c) JK. All the junk from when Elders lived here is insane. We don't even know what they used it for. Like nerf guns, noodles (floaties), Golf clubs, bouncy balls, bubbles, tons of clothes that have been left by other Sisters and Elders. We have 5 big boxes of junk and clothes that we are going to either throw away or donate to some thrift store. We also have 3 big garbage bags of church magazines. It's been crazy! I guess we are doing something fun today besides laboring. Today is one of our Recent converts anniversary. We are having a party for them tonight.We are sacrificing an hour of our P-day just for them!!! They owe us big time! jk... It should be fun!

Transfers are next week so yes, you won't hear from me until Tuesday. Well, I miss you and love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment