Monday, August 23, 2010

7th email


Why hello everyone!!!!
Sorry I have been a slacker with writing about my experiences! I have no good excuses! :c) well, Weather up here in the North Country is crazy! I am actually cold right now with a jacket on. It has been raining for the past 3 days and it is a cold rain. The colors are starting to change and I can't wait to see what fall brings!
We have one investigator with a Baptismal date for September 18th! Her name is Nikki. She is wonderful! We are excited about that. We also have one lady named Valerie who we extended the baptismal commitment to and she said she would have to think about it. Her only concern is her commitment she has made in her church. She is Presbyterian and called as a Deacon. I guess she is assigned to certain people. She doesn't want to let those people down. But she knows the Book of Mormon is True, she knows Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God, and she says she has been waiting all her life to be apart of Gods true church! She is Golden! I know the Lord will continue to prepare her for baptism. That is pretty much all the exciting news here up in Ogdensburg. We are working hard and hopefully planting a lot of seeds.
Here is your randomness of Ashleigh part of the weekly e-mail. You will all probably freak out from this next sentence.... Are you ready for this... Since being here in New York, I have eaten 2 Hamburgers!!! Bleh! Now most of you know that I cannot stand hamburger! But I have been able to eat them and keep them down. They still are not my favorite thing and still gross me out, but this shows how I have been blessed out here in the mission field :c) I know it sounds crazy, but it is true!
That is pretty much all the exciting news for this week. I wish I had more to share, but things are moving really slow up here. Hopefully I'll have something to share next week.
Love you all!
Sister Ashleigh Simmons
p.s. Write me whenever Ya'll want. I won't get offended :c) jk

No comments:

Post a Comment