Thursday, June 10, 2010

First email from the MTC!

Dear everyone,
you probably weren't expecting this email, but here is my first one from the MTC!!! First, I want to thank those of you who have written me. Letters really do make the day so much better. This first week has been really REALLY HARD!!! this is the hardest thing i have ever done in my life! I feel like I don't know anything. there is a lot to learn! This past week has been really overwhelming! I have felt very incapable of doing this and kept wondering what I got myself into. but I do know that this church is true. i have learned that testimony is the biggest part of teaching. If I don't know what to say, i just testify. I know that i am not perfect, and that with the Lords help, i can learn alot. and i am learning a lot here. It is amazing how strong the spirit is and how much a person can learn in one day. I have also learned that I need to put myself in my Heavenly Father's Hands. I cannot do this on my own. I NEED Him every step of the way! I found a really good scripture that has helped me a lot while being here when i get discouraged about everything. The scripture is Alma 17:11... yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and i will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the savation of many souls. It is amazing how the scriptures can tell you exactly what you need to hear and when.
anyways, my companion is Sister Cox. yup that's right! Sister Cox and I knew eachother in Jr. high school. it has been kind of nice being here with a familiar face. Sister cox is so strong in the gospel and knows a lot! I am grateful she knows a lot about the doctrine and how to teach it because that is one of my weaknesses. but, i am learning A LOT and improving on my teaching. (I still have a really long ways to go though :D ).
Tomorrow will be the one week mark! woot woot!!! Everyday, it gets better here. I am excited to see how much more I learn.
I have met so many AMAZING people here. Especially the sisters. I am in a room with 5 other sisters who are all amazing. We clicked right away. one of the sisters is going to Cambodia in mid July( her name is Sister Robertson), and the other three are going to Thailand today!!!(Sister Harris, Sister Chambers, and Sister Jensen) I am going to miss them so much even though we only knew eachother for a week.
We are really busy here and everything is so organized! (Which is also one of my weaknesses.) We plan out every minute of everyday and use our time very wisely. It is amazing how much you can get done when you use your time wisely. SO, I am very busy here. and by very I mean VERY!!! When i go to bed, and pretty much hit my pillow and I am out for the rest of the night. We have gym everyday which is so SO NICE!!! I love it. and to let you all know, I have not gained weight yet :c) I will be in the 1% of sisters that do not gain weight on my mission :c)
The food is so good here!!! They have dessert with every single meal pretty much. Ice cream sundae Sunday's are amazing also. And i am eating quite healthy. I have made sure to eat a fruit or vegetable with every single meal :c) are you proud of me mom?
Well, I gotta go, my time is ticking a way and it will close out and delete the message if i don't send it now. But send me letters and I can reply to those :c)
Well, I hope all is well at home!
luv you,
Sister Simmons
p.s. Send Me Letters!!!! PLEASE!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That was so nice to hear about your experiences in the MTC and your strong witness of the importance of the spirit. You can do this and do it great! We're praying for you and sending lots of love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Sister Simmons!!! I'm glad to hear about your first week in the field. I'm so proud of you and the effort you are putting forth! Good luck and you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete